Nurse Manager- Cardiac Cath Lab
In the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, our team of dedicated specialists performs more than 1,400 cardiac catheterization procedures each year on newborns, infants, children and adults. The Nurse Manager for the Cardiac Cath Lab is responsible for the patient care systems and structures that promote the provision of excellent nursing care in the cath lab. Manages all nursing personnel within the cath lab. Collaborates with support staff to ensure the smooth operation of the cath lab. For this position, we are seeking candiates with prior cath lab experience.
Creates and maintains cost effective systems to ensure the availability of adequate staff for unit/program.
- Identifies optimal patterns of staffing to meet patient care needs of unit/program.
- Ensures unit/program schedule is prepared in a timely manner to meet needs of employees as well as staffing standards for unit/program
- Develop systems for daily staffing adjustment within unit/program.
- Collaborates with nursing supervisors to ensure staffing needs within unit/program and across department are met.
Ensures patient care provided by staff in unit/program is consistent with national standards and/or evidence-based practice.
- Appoints staff representatives to department clinical practice committees.
- Assists staff with development of effective systems to disseminate practice standards within unit/program.
- Supervises clinical practice of staff through rounds, assessment of documentation and feedback from families.
- Ensures that staff participates in educational and clinical development programs to meet specific requirements of patient population served.
- Knowledgeable of clinical standards of care for patient population served by rehabilitation and acute care child development
Collaborates with other departments to foster interdisciplinary practice and meet the needs of patients and families.
- Works with leadership and staff from other disciplines to create collaborative relationships with nursing staff to meet patient care needs.
- Works with other departments to ensure that clinical staff have systems and supplies/equipment needed to support patient care.
Creates systems for regular family input into care and unit policies.
- Uses patient satisfaction data and other forms of feedback to improve systems of care.
- Involves family members in unit decision-making where appropriate.
- Educates and supports staff to include families in planning and providing care.
Develops active quality improvement systems for unit/program and participates in nursing department QI initiatives.
- Ensures that unit has at least one active quality improvement initiative per year.
- Ensures that unit is represented on departmental QI committee and participates in department QI initiatives.
Actively supports and ensures unit participation in other departmental and hospital initiatives.
- Ensures unit staff are educated about and comply with hospital patient safety initiatives.
- Implements and supports human resource and financial initiatives that are part of institutional annual goals.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
RN - Registered Nurse
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and Master’s degree required. According to the CMS (Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services) a copy of diploma or transcript is required as proof of academic achievement for all non-laboratory personnel performing non-waived POC testing
Required Experience: Minimum of two (2) years prior management or leadership experience
Additional Technical Requirements
Excellent communication skills, excellent leadership ability, excellent judgment.